The Community College Petrochemical Initiative offers an annual scholarship for students who wish to study in the petrochemical field. The scholarship is sponsored by ExxonMobil and the deadline is July 15, with award notification by August 15. Find requirements and apply online below.
- June 15 for students applying to College of the Mainland
- July 15 for students applying to all other CCPI partner colleges.
Recipients will be notified by July 30. A recognition luncheon for recipients will be held Aug. 11.
- Student may be a high school student or other student pursuing a degree or certificate in a petrochemical field: Analyzer Technology, Computer Maintenance, Computer Aided Drafting and Design, Electrical Technology, Engineering Technology, Fieldbus Technology, Instrumentation, Logistics and Supply Chain Maintenance, Machine Technology, Millwrighting, Pipefitting, Process Technology (Operator), Production Technology, Welding.
- Student cannot already be working for a petrochemical company
- Scholarship may be used for tuition, fees, books, or other training costs.
- Student must be in need.
- Scholarship amount is determined by the awarding college, and is funded for each semester based on successful completion of previous semester during the year of the award.
- Scholarship is renewable for second year based on successful completion of first year.
- Failure to complete a class may require reimbursement to scholarship fund.
- Scholarship recipient must be willing to provide periodic updates and testimonials about his/her experience in their field of study.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee.
Applications MUST include:
- Copies of official academic transcript(s) from each high school and college that applicant has attended.
- Two letters of recommendation with this application. These letters MUST be from an instructor, counselor, community member, or employer. Letters of reference from a classmate/friend/parent are not acceptable.
Requests for renewal of the scholarship MUST include:
- Letter of request.
- Official transcript of first year in program.
Hear What Our Students Have to Say!
I chose to come to Alvin Community College because of its level of academic excellence.
I noticed how wonderful my sister’s experience was at ACC and I became intrigued. She spoke of her professors and classmate as though they were family. In all aspects she knew she belonged and was supported. I too desired that feeling. I came to ACC with two degrees but I have never felt more connected or have taken as much ownership as I have now. I love ACC.