The Community College Petrochemical Initiative offers an annual scholarship for students who wish to study in the petrochemical field. The scholarship is sponsored by ExxonMobil and the deadline is July 15, with award notification by August 15. Find requirements and apply online below.
- June 15 for students applying to College of the Mainland
- July 15 for students applying to all other CCPI partner colleges.
Recipients will be notified by July 30. A recognition luncheon for recipients will be held Aug. 11.
- Student may be a high school student or other student pursuing a degree or certificate in a petrochemical field: Analyzer Technology, Computer Maintenance, Computer Aided Drafting and Design, Electrical Technology, Engineering Technology, Fieldbus Technology, Instrumentation, Logistics and Supply Chain Maintenance, Machine Technology, Millwrighting, Pipefitting, Process Technology (Operator), Production Technology, Welding.
- Student cannot already be working for a petrochemical company
- Scholarship may be used for tuition, fees, books, or other training costs.
- Student must be in need.
- Scholarship amount is determined by the awarding college, and is funded for each semester based on successful completion of previous semester during the year of the award.
- Scholarship is renewable for second year based on successful completion of first year.
- Failure to complete a class may require reimbursement to scholarship fund.
- Scholarship recipient must be willing to provide periodic updates and testimonials about his/her experience in their field of study.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee.
Applications MUST include:
- Copies of official academic transcript(s) from each high school and college that applicant has attended.
- Two letters of recommendation with this application. These letters MUST be from an instructor, counselor, community member, or employer. Letters of reference from a classmate/friend/parent are not acceptable.
Requests for renewal of the scholarship MUST include:
- Letter of request.
- Official transcript of first year in program.
Hear What Our Students Have to Say!
BC has helped me not only academically but also personally. Helping me grow from a very shy person to somebody who works in the writing center and helps everybody that they can.
It was important for me to come back to COM after 25 years for a few different reasons. One, I wanted to continue to learn new aspects of the trade. After so long, the industry has grown exponentially. Two, I wanted to have that piece of paper that make me legitimate. And lastly, I went back to school to set an example to my 15 and 13-year-old. I want them to know that you’re never too old to learn.